OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
We’re doing our bit to support social distancing by encouraging our community to work remotely and moving our check-ins, events and entrepreneurial experiences online.
For our community, this means we will be closing Building 16 (608 Harris Street). You can still access the Building 15 Collaboration Space (CB15.01.010), as long as you adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Being an entrepreneur means deciding what problem you want to solve, instead of being told.
Do you have something you want to solve?
UTS Startups is the home of student entrepreneurship at UTS. No matter what degree you are studying, we can equip you with the tools to become entrepreneurs. Whether it's with our inspirational events, masterclasses, or startup community, there's an entrepreneurship offering available for you.
Join our mailing list to receive fortnightly news about:
- The range of entrepreneurial experiences available at UTS
- How to launch your own startup at UTS
- The skills you need to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- UTS Startups - Australia’s fast-growing student startup community
Ready to launch your startup, or already running?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Free coworking space (on a casual basis, subject to space)
- Regular check-ins with the UTS Startups team to track progress, identify needs, set goals and provide introductions to support and opportunities (including mentors, funding sources, potential customers and opportunities to find co-founders)
- Access to offers from UTS Startups partners
- Participation in regular pitch nights
- Connection to industry events
- Community building activities
- Inspirational talks and workshops
- Access to the UTS Startups online forum
- Eligibility to enter the inaugural UTS Startups Awards, which will have cash prizes on offer
- Profile building through UTS Startups channels
- A mailing address startups can use
- UTS Startups merchandise
Inspirational events around UTS
Want to support UTS Startups?
Click here to register your interest in being connected to UTS Startups. Connections will be made during team check-ins, and when a challenge has been identified that you might be able to help with. Over time, repeat connections will be prioritised based on recommendations from our community.
More on UTS Startups
Led by UTS Director of Entrepreneurship and former Fishburners/Startup Muster CEO Murray Hurps, UTS Startups has been created to engage, inspire and connect startups across UTS. The goal is to exponentially increase the number of student-launched scalable startups at UTS, providing support for every student who wants to launch a venture, and for UTS to become the leading Australian university in the creation of those startups.
It is a founder-focused community, allowing students to see the opportunity in startups and begin their journey when it's right for them. It’s not about prescribing a path or formula, but instead creating the environment where UTS Startups are exposed to what they need to progress, both inside and outside the university.
Contacts and resources
Got a question, idea or request? Or need a venue for your hackathon, startup-focused meetup or roundtable event? Get in touch at email@example.com .